Welcome to Challenging Addiction!
I am Anna Deeds, MSEd, NCC, LPC. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and a grateful recovering addict. I was addicted to heroin and other opioids for nearly 10 years. I have been in recovery for more than 7 years. Through my personal experience with addiction and my formal education, I believe I have insight into addiction and how to recover from addiction. I created this site to help other addicts find their path to addiction recovery.
The purpose of Challenging Addiction is to help you:
- Learn about addiction recovery from someone who has been there and understands your struggle
- Eliminate the stigma of addiction
- Get information about addiction and recovery
- Get addiction treatment from the comfort of your home
- Discover insight and awareness into your thoughts, feelings and behaviors which affect your addiction
- Learn new coping skills for addiction
- Address mental health disorders which affect addiction recovery
- Repair relationships and improve communication damaged by addiction
- Discover core issues which cause addiction
- Help family and friends of addicts understand addiction
How will Challenging Addiction meet this purpose?
- An Addiction Recovery Blog
- Self-help addiction program of recovery
- Free or inexpensive addiction workbooks
- Offer a video educational series about addiction