Today, there are many people feel that taking care of their skin has become difficult and rather expensive. They feel that they need to spend money and a lot of time on skin care and cosmetic products in order to look great. Well, it doesn’t have to be like this of course. In this article, you will learn some common sense facial skin care tips that are proven to be effective in maintaining a great-looking skin.
Remember that your facial skin is a reflection of your inner health. You can see whether a person is healthy or not from his/her facial complexion. Stay away from ‘heat-producing’ or fried foods that can cause skin irritation. Although foods like chocolate, sugar, milk, cakes, or spicy foods are not proven to cause acne, there are many people who are sensitive or allergic to them. Eating foods your body is allergic to, can lead to a toxic reaction and this can cause irritation and inflammation in your skin. So you need to find out if your body is allergic to these foods. The only sure way to find out is to have your blood tested for antibodies to a variety of foods.
Here are some effective facial skin care tips you can apply…
1. Drink plenty of water (at least 8-10 glasses a day). Water will help to hydrate your skin from the inside. Cut down the amount of coffee and alcohol intakes. Quit smoking! Your body has been exposed to industrial and automobile pollution that fills the air you breathe every day. So don’t feed more toxic waste to your body.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. While there are many reasons why we must consume plenty of fruits and vegetables, they all usually boil down to having the health benefits. Fruits and veggies are the natural foods and they are high in antioxidants that help protect our body against the free-radical-damaging effect of environmental toxins.
3. Wash your hands frequently. There is a correlation between dirty hands and bad facial skin. The hands are the number one enemy to healthy eating. By washing them frequently and refrain from touching your face will prevent the transfer of germs and bacteria.
4. Use a good exfoliator twice a week to slough off dead skin cells. If you can’t afford an exfoliator, no problem! You can use a cleanser that contains a chemical exfoliator such as alpha or beta hydroxy acid. The pileup of dead skin cells can clog facial skin pores and keep moisture from seeping in. Remember, wash your face only twice a day. Washing your face too often can dry out the skin.
5. Stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., this is the time when the sun’s rays are strongest. The UVB rays can cause sunburn; The UVA rays cause more damage to your skin. They can penetrate your skin and cause dark spots, wrinkles, or even skin cancer. Always apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going outside.
6. Learn to deal with your stress. While it’s not possible to get rid of stress totally in the environment we’re living in today, learning to deal with it can free you from some major worries you have. Kill stress before it kills you!
7. Last but not least, exercise regularly and rest well. Regular exercises not only can keep you fit and boost your immune system, but also help you to rest well at night. Best time to exercise is in the early morning or late afternoon. DO NOT exercise before you go to bed, doing so can give you difficulty to fall asleep as your body has become active.
8. Eat plenty of tomatoes. Research had recently found that a magical component called lycopene found in tomatoes could protect our skin from UV damage from sunburn. Lycopene is the one that is responsible in giving a tomato the radiant red color and it’s a very effective antioxidant.
As you can see, maintaining a beautiful and long-lasting skin boil down to cultivation a habit of healthy living. And I believe the best facial skin care regimen is the one that not only works from the outside but also from the inside. Cosmetic and skin care products work on the outward, but you need to turn inward and take care of your body as well.